Deer Creek Park

glenrockTownPark
The 1850s brought a trading post, appropriately named Deer Creek Station, to the area. In 1860 and 1861 Pony Express Riders raced through the area carrying the nation’s mail at then record speed. In 1861 the telegraph replaced the riders and Deer Creek Station became a relay point for telegraph messages. Glenrock’s community park, located near the union of the North Platte River and Deer Creek, is a great place to enjoy this historic area.